Graduate Building Surveyor
|Job Title:||Graduate Building Surveyor|
Graduate Building Surveyor
Location: Birmingham, Solihull
Are you looking to start and develop a career as a Building Surveyor with a multi awarding winning property and construction consultancy where you will be challenged daily?
With one of the largest teams of chartered surveyors in the property sector, located in regional offices across the UK, we have a depth and breadth of experience, expertise and local knowledge to support our clients at every stage of property investment, ownership and occupation from acquisition to disposal.
We work with a wide range of clients to manage their property portfolios, projects and transactions and due to our continuing success; Ridge and Partners are now looking for a talented Graduate Building Surveyor to join our team in Solihull, Birmingham.
You will benefit from on the job learning experiences whilst working on prestigious projects. Our projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes.
You will also work with interesting clients including, large retail companies, local authorities, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc.
What you’ll be doing:
• Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential and commercial property
• Assist with carrying out standard building condition surveys
• Taking particulars on site, writing up refurbishment works specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes, and administering contracts for maintenance work
• Analyse and report on building defects
• Support with handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
• Prepare schedules of dilapidations (land and buildings)
What we need from you:
• You’ll have achieved (or be expecting to achieve) a 2.1 Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Building Surveying-related degree
• Be able to demonstrate commercial and technical acumen
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative and integrity
• AutoCAD skills highly desirable
As a Graduate Building Surveyor at Ridge and Partners, you will need to demonstrate the desire, drive and a real enthusiasm to becoming a Chartered Building Surveyor which will be fully supported by the company (the national Ridge APC support process) and the Birmingham Building Surveying Team.
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
• 25 days holiday
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Pension: Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
• Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy with over 600 people. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Expert Witness & Advisory Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental and Town & Country Planning. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from affordable housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO18001 Health & Safety. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
|Closing Date:||8th June 2019|