Senior Electrical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Electrical Design Engineer|
|Category:||Building Services Engineering|
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Birmingham – Solihull
Are you an Electrical Design Engineer who would be interested in a challenging yet exciting role with plenty of variety? If the answer is YES, we may just have the perfect role for you!
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our significantly experienced and talented Engineering Team.
About the Role
Based at our office in Birmingham - Solihull with over 45 staff, you will be part of our Building Services team that are delivering innovative solutions for our clients within the residential, educational and Commercial property sectors.
Our client list includes Formula One teams, high-end residential, commercial, retail, industrial, leisure and many more. As the Electrical Design Engineer at Ridge, you will be exposed to many sectors and many cultures. Building services engineers design, install and maintain the services that are needed to allow the building to do what it's designed to. These services include heating, lighting, power and supply, lifts and escalators, health and safety, acoustics and security.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer duties include:
• Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
• Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
• Designing site-specific equipment as required
• Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
• Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
• Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
• Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
• Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
What we need from you:
• Experience with running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
• Experience in lighting design, distribution design and designing to defined data centre tier ratings, and report writing is essential
• Accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND)
• AutoCAD experience (experience with Revit would be an advantage)
• Post degree qualification experience in Building Services or Electrical engineer, and ideally be working towards Chartership
• The applicant should be innovative and forward thinking
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. We actively challenge and continuously improve our performance by investing in the training and development of our people.
And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
• 25 days holiday
• Company car allowance
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Pension: Standard 6% Ridge Contribution
• Highly competitive salary
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy with over 600 people. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Expert Witness & Advisory Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental and Town & Country Planning. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from affordable housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO18001 Health & Safety. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 600 people in 11 offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click 'Apply Now' to be considered.
|Closing Date:||14th September 2019|